Multimonitor beginner question

Hi there,

For some time now, i've been watching and reading the boards and learning a lot from it.

Played Lock-On in the early days and just recovered that there is something i always dreamed of as in DCS. So i found and dusted my joystick, put aside World of Warcraft :smilewink: and bought A10-C

Very busy now playing the training missions over and over and try to master this airplane, so i can join the DCS World and maybe even a Squadron.

Anyway.. so much for the little intro.

I've also been busy trying to get a multimonitor setup up and running. But i don't seem to get it up.

I've read a lot of posts on this forum, but most of them regards the expansion of the FOV.

What i want is to use the right ( and left ) monitors for the MFCD's, and maybe some more cockpit options.

But for some reason, when i select the camera + RMFCD in the game option, it all appears on my main screen.

I installed the 64bit version of Soffth and on the first run, it detected my second screen

( i only attached a second screen to start with )

My setup is:

Mainscreen 24" LCD Res: 1900x1200 Attached on Displayport

Richt screen 17" LCD Res: 1280x1024 Attached on DVi port

Windows 8 64bit

Ati Radeon 6870HD

I probably miss or overlook something, so i hope someone can put me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Roland

Rainbow

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gigabyte Z270X| Intel i5 7600K 3.8Ghz | Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB | Samsung 960 240GB SSD | 240GB SSD HyperX DCS disk | 16Gb Kingston HyperX DDR4 | Thrustmaster Warthog - 15506 | Saitek Combat Rudders | Thrustmaster MFDs | Oculus Rift CV1 with 3 sensors | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Windows 10 64-bit Prof | 2x HP 24" LED | Logitech Z623 THX 2.1 | Corsair 550Watt Professional PSU

When you haven't grouped both monitors in a eyefinity group, you won't be able top run DCS fullscreen on both monitors.

So:

A) Create a eyefinity group

...but this is lees than optimal, as you will have to Scale the 1900x1200 monitor down to the same ras than the other....

or

B)

Make the left your Main-screen in the desktop-properties.

(you can create a profile in the CCC that switches the monitors only when you start DCS - so you will have the big screen as your main by only a mouse-click or even via a hot-key again.)

Than disable the Fullscreen option in DCS and Type in the combined res of both monitors.

In your Case: 3180x1200

And read this paper (;) don't only look at it!):

Dummies Guide for the “MonitorSetup.lua“

Keep special attention to the link-list at the end , it addresses almost every problem you might run into.

Edited by PeterP

Thanks Peter, for your fast respons.

Downloaded and reading the manual.

I really want to stay out of the Eyefinity option of my card.

Lots of bad things happened the last time when i tried that.

Your tips already helped me forward.

Cheers.

Rainbow

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gigabyte Z270X| Intel i5 7600K 3.8Ghz | Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB | Samsung 960 240GB SSD | 240GB SSD HyperX DCS disk | 16Gb Kingston HyperX DDR4 | Thrustmaster Warthog - 15506 | Saitek Combat Rudders | Thrustmaster MFDs | Oculus Rift CV1 with 3 sensors | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Windows 10 64-bit Prof | 2x HP 24" LED | Logitech Z623 THX 2.1 | Corsair 550Watt Professional PSU