Mig-21 Not showing

wmar67

Hi all

I tried to install the Mig-21 in DCS 2.0 and it was stuck for an hour on "Preparing to Torrent"...in the end I had to reboot the machine and now it will not show up in the available modules and it's not showing as installed (no missions or campaigns etc).

So I can't, now, get it installed for 2.0

On another note, when I was flipping between 1.2 and 1.5, I noticed my activations going down rapidly. I found a thread on here saying to contact the company which I did and I was told my activations were reinstated (after providing them with details of my order). However, when installing the Mig-21 in 1.5 (prior to the mess up with 2.0 above - installing in 1.5 went fine) I was asked to activate it and again and I noticed I only had 3 left. Can I please have them back...pretty please?

Edited by wmar67

Check this

Dear All,

To find a permanent fix for the erroneous request for activation (regardless of changed hardware) - we are working to implement a fix that eliminates this error.

Unfortunately, this might mean that in 1.5.1 and in one future patch, you may be prompted for one additional activation of your license key. However, do not fret.

To put it bluntly; we will replace your key at any given time should you need it.

If you are low on activations or have completely run out; please send us an e-mail to:

nicholas.dackard@gmail.com and we will work with you to replace your key.

Please try to limit yourselves and only request a change in key if you feel it absolutely necessary to help alleviate our workload.

Additionally, it is important to note that due to this change in the protection system, switching between 1.2.16 and 1.5 will yield a re-activation prompt.

Currently, we recommend that you stick to one version of DCS World until 1.5 is Final.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused,

Thank you,

Nick & LS

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Thank you - but I did say in my post

I found a thread on here saying to contact the company which I did and I was told my activations were reinstated (after providing them with details of my order)

So I have done that, and they did tell me my activations had been reinstated - but they are not.

Of more concern to me at the moment is the fact that Mig-21 is neither showing up in the modules for download nor available for playing in any missions...it seems to be stuck in purgatory - thinking it's installed, but it's not.

Lack of missions or campaigns is normal, because there aren't any (for 2.0 that is). The plane itself should show up in the module manager though - at least if it installed correctly. Judging from description, however, it didn't.

You might want to try forcing updater into downloading the MiG manually, as explained midway through this page:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

By the way, does it work correctly in 1.5?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Lack of missions or campaigns is normal, because there aren't any (for 2.0 that is). The plane itself should show up in the module manager though - at least if it installed correctly. Judging from description, however, it didn't.

You might want to try forcing updater into downloading the MiG manually, as explained midway through this page:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

By the way, does it work correctly in 1.5?

And forcing the updater to perform a repair fixed the issue. The Mig-21 now shows in my list of installed modules.

Thank you. :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

I too am suffering from the erroneous request for activation for the Mig 21. Which of course means that I cannot use that aircraft now after I just recently updated. The aircraft is visible in the module manager but when I load a campaign all I get is the map. Same thing occurs in instant action.Does anybody have a fix for this ridiculous bug:mad:.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, AJS-37 Viggen , AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL , F-5E Tiger , L-39 Albatros.

I too am suffering from the erroneous request for activation for the Mig 21. Which of course means that I cannot use that aircraft now after I just recently updated. The aircraft is visible in the module manager but when I load a campaign all I get is the map. Same thing occurs in instant action.Does anybody have a fix for this ridiculous bug:mad:.

Run the fix posted here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=136153

If that does not work; e-mail me directly at nicholas.dackard@gmail.com

Thanks!

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/