Force Correlate Maverick

I searched the forum, but i couldn't find a test like this.

I've been testing the Force Correlate on the Maverick H and K. Maybe these test results are handy for anyone using this (not really realistic?) mode.

I launched the Mavericks from different altitudes to test what the range is in Force Correlate mode.

The speed i was going was around 220 knots, only at 25k feet i was going 200 knots. All the mavericks were aimed at a BTR80, and all were direct hits. Maybe you can expand the range a litte more by going faster.

At 1.000 feet above the sea: The max range was 8,0 NM

At 5.000 feet above the sea: The max range was 9,0 NM

At 10.000 feet above the sea: The max range was 10.5 NM

At 15.000 feet above the sea: The max range was 12.0 NM

At 20.000 feet above the sea: The max range was 12.5 NM

At 25.000 feet above the sea: The max range was a whopping 14 NM

The H and K variants had the same max range.

I don't believe this is possible in real life, but as long it is in the sim i will use it:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't forget the speed indicated in the HUD is only an approximate airspeed, as the air gets thinner there's less air to get an accurate reading as you climb in altitude. You can configure the HUD to display GPS-calibrated true airspeed (TAS) to get a more accurate reading.

The reason for the increase in range is due to the increase in altitude. Your altitude increases the potential kinetic energy of the missile. As it fires, it usually starts to descend, rapidly increasing its speed, and therefore, it's maximum range. If you've ever performed a pop-up attack while flying NOE, you'll notice the Maverick's maximum locking range is reduced to about 6 miles due to the air density at such a low altitude, it has more air to power through, and it'll be flying a shallower flight path to its target.

Your aircraft's speed at launch is also a factor, since the missile's initial speed is determined by your own speed (it's like having a child, they inherit everything from you). So even though your HUD says 220 knots, that's indicated airspeed, whereas your true airspeed is probably somewhere closer to 300+ knots at that altitude.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

The reason for the increase in range is due to the increase in altitude. Your altitude increases the potential kinetic energy of the missile. As it fires, it usually starts to descend, rapidly increasing its speed, and therefore, it's maximum range. If you've ever performed a pop-up attack while flying NOE, you'll notice the Maverick's maximum locking range is reduced to about 6 miles due to the air density at such a low altitude, it has more air to power through, and it'll be flying a shallower flight path to its target.

Yes i noticed that the D mavericks have around 6 miles range at low altitude, thats why i did this test. Now i know that i can pop.up with an H maverick at 8 nm and it will hit its target.

I also read some time ago that the maximum range with Force correlate is 12 nm. I wonder what the max range is with the F18C at 40k feet:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]