Special Request - True Head Movement with TrackIR

toby23

Is anyone out there smart enough to figure out how to add true world head movement when using TrackIR?

Example

You're looking forwards and however you move your head, it works as expected ie up, down, turn left, turn right etc

Now turn your head left and look out of the left window.

What should happen now if you move your head forwards?

Right, your head should move forwards towards the window.

But it doesn't, it moves sideways towards what it thinks is forwards, ie the front glass window.

I would be so grateful if someone could figure out how to tell DCS World/ TrackIR my true head position and direction.

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

Profiles >> Motion Adjustment >> TrueView

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/support/TrackIR-manual-v5.0/tir5-Chapter_5.html

tir5-profilemgmt.gif

Axis Checkboxes:

TrueView

TrueView takes virtual rotation (yaw, pitch, roll) into account when applying physical translation (x, y, z) movements. This allows you to turn your head to one side, lean toward the monitor, and have your in-game view zoom in the direction you are virtually facing. Disabling TrueView results in physical translation superseding virtual rotation, so that moving toward the monitor physically always moves the in-game view straight ahead, making it impossible to zoom in any direction other than straight ahead.

• 1 month later...

I wonder if it might be possible for ED to code this relative translation directly into DCSW?

Freetrack has something similar, although not exactly the same but that's not been updated in a while and is quite buggy, whilst FaceTrackNoIR doesn't seem to have anything like it, so if it was inbuilt into DCSW we'd have more choice as to what software to use and I imagine it could be more accurate than relying on the tracking software to acheive this.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen