1.2.6 after autoupdate Freetrack headtracking does not work

zaelu

After 1.2.6 Freetrack headtracking ceased to work on all planes. Absolutely all modules.

Anyone else? (I think I'm not the only one from a PM from another member that asked me to tell him if I find a solution).

My squad mates that use FT haven't updated yet so... I can't know from them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

yes I also have that and the log is from 3 September... today I didn't play until after update. I deleted the log to see if another one from today appear and... nothing at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Same issue.

Edit: Rolling back the entire 1GB install. Why did I let it update the one time I'm having a friend over to show them DCS? Seriously, **** things like this. I can't even begin to express how incredibly frustrating this is. It's doubly frustrating that it has to download over a gig of stuff to fix it, all while the servers are dealing with everyone upgrading to 1.2.6. Is there a simple way to back up your current version before updating? Maybe just clone the directory?

Edited by seikdel

Same issue.

Edit: Rolling back the entire 1GB install. Why did I let it update the one time I'm having a friend over to show them DCS? Seriously, **** things like this. I can't even begin to express how incredibly frustrating this is. It's doubly frustrating that it has to download over a gig of stuff to fix it, all while the servers are dealing with everyone upgrading to 1.2.6. Is there a simple way to back up your current version before updating? Maybe just clone the directory?

That is really unbelievable.. How someone can break things already working when they try to solve the bugs..2 gigs of download and broken headtracker..I stop now cos' i really don't want to break someone's heart...

Okay, a moment now that my heart rate is down. It appears that copying from my old backup is working. I'll know for sure in a few minutes.

Xpto: Yes, I realize it's a public beta. My angst is more due to the fact that I've got a buddy who likes planes but hasn't tried flight sims come over in a half hour to check out DCS, and I foolishly assumed that the update wouldn't pork basic functionality. Lesson learned, and I'll be more careful next time. That being said, I can't fly very effectively without head tracking, so I can't wait for it to get fixed.

That being said, I can't fly very effectively without head tracking, so I can't wait for it to get fixed.

Neither do I :)

Well, time to search and read the Hip manual, until someone appear with a solution.

Edited by Xpto

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BRUTAL!

Spent all morning updating and purchasing and downloading...... then BOOM!, jump in the Mi-8.... no headtracking... wtf? Try the other modules but no love there either.

That kinda blows.

...Sheila rides on crashing nightingale. Intake eyes leave passing vapor trails...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yup, I tried to fly Mi-8 for a bit but is like being glued to the screen. I forgot how it was in the old days.

This things happens because in the close beta were no Freetrack FacetrackNoir Opentrack users. Just like with FFB issues with G940 or MS Sidewinder. I hope now in open beta we could help more.

Overnight I redownloaded the whole game and I will try a comparison between 2 installs on 2 PCs to see if there is an anomaly in patching sequence.

Also. I observed that Server.lua file from User/Save Game Files/DCS/Config/View is completely disregarded. I'm not sure if there is a link between 2 phenomena. I did try removing the view folder from user files all together to see if tracking resumes but no effect. They appear 2 separate bugs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess I was lucky, my FreeTrack works just fine after 1.2.6

Maybe look up the natural point of view website for the headtracker.dll file

you say you are using a different headtracker.dll file?

can you be more precise? thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you guys are serious about this game you should really buy Trackir 5 , I did and it's worth it.

Freetrack is nothing but a pain and kill performance in the game anyway.

Have you guys checked the relevant .lua files?

Updates would always destroy the .lua files, especially in the Aircraft/mods directory where I had my headtrack set from Zoom on leaning.

• Like 1

If you guys are serious about this game you should really buy Trackir 5

thanks but no thanks. If you have something that can be used to solved the bug we would appreciate. :beer:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here is the file. I placed it in \...\DCS World\bin\

It should work for both freetrack and facetracknoir

64 Bit

http://sourceforge.net/projects/facetracknoir/files/Special%20support/ED/64bit_games/

32 Bit

http://sourceforge.net/projects/facetracknoir/files/Special%20support/ED/32bit_games/

I faintly remember that I might have done a bit more than just place the headtracker.dll file in the bin folder, I did this all a long time ago and it continued to work after the 1.2.6 update, if you guys still have problems getting it to work I will find out if there was something else I had to do to get it to work.

If you guys are serious about this game you should really buy Trackir 5 , I did and it's worth it.

Freetrack is nothing but a pain and kill performance in the game anyway.

Have you guys checked the relevant .lua files?

Updates would always destroy the .lua files, especially in the Aircraft/mods directory where I had my headtrack set from Zoom on leaning.

First of all, I have a track ir 5 and pro clip but I built my own FreeTrack headset because I find the software much better and I can make my FreeTrack headset with a big battery so I don't have wires going everywhere. And I can use better + more precise webcam with a higher resolution, better LED's, etc. So please don't act as if Track IR is inherently better.

Edited by Night

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS

It's a good idea to use JSGME with any mods, including the headtracker.dll, so that if they get deleted by an update you can just put them back.

You don't need to check if it has been removed by an update, just disable all mods first with a single click, then re-enable them after updating with another single click.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

No luck

Hi!

Thanks for taking the time to write this lenghty reply.

Unfortunately, I have been running with this same DLL for a while and it stopped working with 1.2.6.

I tried to reinstall the DLL and made sure it was properly referenced in a .lua file as per instructions. No luck :(

Tried to Repair DCS, no luck.

I may try to download a fresh copy of DCS 1.2.6 and reinstall all modules. I'll report back.

I sincerly hope a quick fix will be posted here though.

Thanks!

Night, you're sure you updated to 1.2.6? Tried the alternative headtracker.dll and makes no difference.

Apparently the game just doesn't activate the headtracker... moving view with keyboard is now possible, so not only it doesn't receive the data from the headtracker, it doesn't activate it at all.

I FOUND iT!!!!!!!!!!

Go to "bin" folder and move/copy the headtracker.dll file from the "Headtracker" folder directly in Bin folder.

I need to check again but now it works... the other thing I did was to shorten the angle limits in view.lua from Mi-8 folder but this should not matter.

Brb

Edit

Mig29 also works so modifyeing Mi-8 view.lua had no effect in this. Just move (copy if you wish but I'm sure they just changed the path game searches for headtracker) the headtracker.dll as I said above.

Now I need to find why my modified Server.lua is not taken into account and I'm left with that huge angle limit on camera.

Edited by zaelu
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah that's it, awesome. Thought of that when Night said to put the thingie in the bin folder but the archive had the file inside the headtracker folder so i dismissed that. Dau o bere :B

Weird though, just checked input.lua and the path is still bin/headtracker/headtracker.dll