AdA Mod - "Armée De l'Air" for FC.

HubMan

Hi all :)

We have been working since last february with a couple of people of friends on a projet called AdA Mod- "Armйe De l'Air" (ie "French Air Force").

The general idea was to :

- integrate as much french hardware as possible (Mirage F-1,Mirage IV created by Knell..., AWACS...)

- replace the different Mig29s by flyable Mirage fighters

- to entirely reskin / resound the Mig29s cockpits, to make you feel as much as possible like flying a Mirage 2000 or F-1 :)

Right now, only the pit of the 2000-5 has been completed, but the others are under development. :) And considered the fact that the flight model, the avionic... could not be properly tuned, the result is something like a Mirage 29S or a Mig 2000-5, but we really enjoyed making it :)

We hope to be able to make a beta version available at the end of August (we are still working on a big 25+ missions pack : takes a lot of time to create and to type the briefings in french -and- english ) :)

Meanwhile, a very nice teaser made by Lothamroth is available here :

or on low tube (low res : bad for the text explaining what the mod is all about)

Hub and the AdA Team :)

PS : we spent a lot of time on this project and do not expect anything from it excepted a "thanks guys". Please, do not assimilate our mod with some eventual anti-french feelings or your dislike for Dassault fighters :) :D

PPS : a little idea of what to expect :

vmxtoc90.jpg

• Like 9

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent Work Gents :thumbup:

Might just be enough to convince me to drag myself away from my T-Frog for long enough to strap the Mirage to my back.....albeit only for a wee while :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Excellent Work Gents :thumbup:

Might just be enough to convince me to drag myself away from my T-Frog for long enough to strap the Mirage to my back.....albeit only for a wee while :)

Thank you Viper :) And Mitch developped some very beautiful fictionnal Mirage skins based on the "real" two seats versions used for conventionnal strike (2000D) or nuke (2000N) :)

Considered that A/G ordnance is available, I think you should get some fun :)

Hub out :)

PS : we did not managed to get in touch with Mitch and asks his permission to use its skins. He is in good place in the readme.txt and due credits are given to its work, but we wish we could have ask him first. If you know a way to reach him, please, let me know :)

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

....we did not managed to get in touch with Mitch and asks his permission to use its skins. He is in good place in the readme.txt and due credits are given to its work, but we wish we could have ask him first. If you know a way to reach him, please, let me know :)

He frequents the Forums at LockOnFiles every now and again. Send him a PM over there - Might be able to contact him that way.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Wow this looks really cool! Any plans on adding a Jaguar???

Hi Colt40Five :)

Thank you very much :) And about the Jaguar, We thought about it :) We wanted to replace the Su25 with a Jag', the same way we did with the Migs and the Mirages :) But unfortunatly, we haven't found a decent 3D model to add to Lockon yet :) Too bad :(

Hub :)

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JUst one question:

How much freedom can you have to set HUD and MFD Symbology?

It would be better to use F-15/A-10 Symbology instead.

Also with the BS Addon each AI plane will have its own Flight model just like all fliables.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Hello

One hour past and no answer ? I guess Hub's wife catched him at the end :P

Then :

JUst one question:

I hoped it could be possible, too, but it's hard-coded so that can't be changed. If you use a MiG-29 FM, you'll have the Russian symbology (and imperial units in the -G version).

The F-15 and A-10 are far too different (size, power, missions) of the Mirage to suit a not-so-unrealistic mod.

Also with the BS Addon each AI plane will have its own Flight model just like all fliables.

Yes, but the mod is at this time designed with & for LOFC, not for BS. Wait & see...

++

Az'

spacer.png

Excellent work guys... this is the kind of mod that many of us have expected for a long time, but thought the first aircraft to make it would be the F-16 or F-18.

Flyables are one thing, but full working cockpits are another, and that's why you guys will be on to a winner...

Kudos

Wow this looks really cool! Any plans on adding a Jaguar???

Hmmm... Jaguar... :pilotfly:

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I never understood why the French are so tight with info on their older planes. We need a REAL sim featuring Mirages, Jaguar....and while I'm dreaming the beautiful Rafale(I know we will never see a Rafale sim...but I can dream).

I've watched the vids a few times now...it's wrong to show it before release...makes me want to try it out now! One more question will you release a skin template with this mod? I want to make the black skin from the demo bird shown in Les Chevaliers du Ciel.

And soon there will finally be a diecast 1:72 Mirage 2000 released...

http://www.flyingmule.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?CAT_TYP=CAT_TYP_JET_FTR_MIRAGE2000&CAT_OPR=&CAT_RNG=&CAT_SCL=CAT_SCL_72&CAT_DPT=&CAT_USR=&x=46&y=15&Store_Code=AV&Screen=SRCH&Search=CAT_TYP_JET_FTR_MIRAGE2000+CAT_SCL_72

Better pics of the models...

http://www.themodelhangar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7193

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know we will never see a Rafale sim...but I can dream.

Oh I don't know, these guys are looking pretty good at replacing the models of the Mig, why not the SU-33 with the Rafale?

:P

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great Work HubMan!!,:thumbup:

This job may be a good departure for being able to create something more strong as F-18 for example..:megalol:

I hope to try the beta version, so i can give some suggestions.

Cya

{adi}-Michael - Istruttore Eagles Bombers

Air Dominators Italia

http://www.ad-ita.it

From Italian Community

http://www.ad-ita.it/images/avatarbanners/Targ.Mike.jpg

JUst one question:

Hi Pilotasso :)

Thanks for your post :smilewink:

You raised one very good point : putting a Mirage on the F-15 slot, would have allowed to use completely the cockpit of the A-10 or F-15 :)

And, yes, you are right, the general configuration of the F-15 cockpit (MFDs), the way the RWR displays information and the imperial system would probably have looked better if we would have used the Eagle.

But the F-15 is just too powerfull : its radar and thrust are way over the capabilities of a Mirage, besides we found a strong analogy between the Mig29A and the Mirage 2000C (2 Fox 1 only, short legs with full payload...)

As a result, we made the choice to replace the Migs :)

Concerning the symbology, as Azrayen said it, we are stucked with the one of the migs : it's hidden somewhere in the compiled code and there is no way to reach it :(

Cheers :)

Hub.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The trailer is cool. The project looks exciting. Can't wait to hop in and give it a twirl. Keep up the great work guys.:thumbup:

Thanks a lot jonob66 :)

Good luck and thanks for your mod , i might give it a try , when is it out ?

Thank you :) And it should be out by the end of August :) (we'll try not to suffer too much from the "two more weeks" syndrom)

Excellent work guys... this is the kind of mod that many of us have expected for a long time, but thought the first aircraft to make it would be the F-16 or F-18.

Flyables are one thing, but full working cockpits are another, and that's why you guys will be on to a winner...

Kudos

Hmmm... Jaguar... :pilotfly:

Héhé Highwayman-Ed :) Thanks :) It should be good to have the F-15 cockpit skinned like a F-16 / F-18.

About working cockpits, the only thing you can do right now in a pit, is to -skin- everything differently ie to modify the textures. The positions of the instruments and the 3D geometry cannot be altered and it seems that .lom export is not a solution (all pits in Lockon right now are .cmd files, including the ones of the Su25s) : actually, you can use a lom model as a "static" pit, but when it comes to use the arguments, to move the needles and display a HUD/MFD, things go wrong :(

And yes, the Jaguar is the "the plane that can only take off, because the earth is round" ;) :) But still, it has something special and would deserve to be in Lockon :)

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Colt40Five :)

I never understood why the French are so tight with info on their older planes. We need a REAL sim featuring Mirages, Jaguar....and while I'm dreaming the beautiful Rafale(I know we will never see a Rafale sim...but I can dream).

I guess you are not the only one to dream about it :) You can always fly the Mirage 2000s in Falcon (see here), they are pure jewels :) And even if the sims is a bit "outdated" on the graphical side, you can get a -lot- of fun in Air/Air missions : the complex avionic and and the high quality / resolution of the cockpits make you forget those issues. But for ground pounding, it's a bit more a difficult.. (at least for me :) ).

I've watched the vids a few times now...it's wrong to show it before release...makes me want to try it out now!

We know it's cruel :) But we could not help ourselves :D

One more question will you release a skin template with this mod? I want to make the black skin from the demo bird shown in Les Chevaliers du Ciel.

The 3D models of the 2000 used in our mod are the one from Lockon. I guess there are some template around :) About the black skin of "Les Chevaliers du Ciel", that's a great idea, but we have already one included in the mod :)

Yes :) And meanwhile, you can even get a cheaper / simplified version : http://www.flyingmule.com/products/MP-5396

• Like 1

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh I don't know, these guys are looking pretty good at replacing the models of the Mig, why not the SU-33 with the Rafale?

:P

Thanks !!! :) And about the Rafale, it's more or less under way with a cooperation in progress with other people :) But it sill a looooong shot :)

Great Work HubMan!!,:thumbup:

This job may be a good departure for being able to create something more strong as F-18 for example..:megalol:

I hope to try the beta version, so i can give some suggestions.

Cya

It's your lucky day :devil: !!! Both of my grand mothers are italian !!! :matrix: (I don't speak the language though... real shame...) As a result, I won't ask my cousins from Napoli, Tony and Marcello to take care of you... :D :) :prop:

About the beta, I'm not the only involved / able to say yes or no :) I'll ask my buddies (or maybe my cousins... :prop: ) :)

Hub.

• Like 1

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's your lucky day !!! Both of my grand mothers are italian !!! (I don't speak the language though... real shame...) As a result, I won't ask my cousins from Napoli, Tony and Marcello to take care of you...

Thanks ! I'm sure that in house you don't have any problems with the foods ! especially if they are Italian..:lol:

For your project i think that with some passion and engagement they will come outside really good.. Maybe you have some problem to speak Italian, instead my English sucks! :megalol:

{adi}-Michael - Istruttore Eagles Bombers

Air Dominators Italia

http://www.ad-ita.it

From Italian Community

http://www.ad-ita.it/images/avatarbanners/Targ.Mike.jpg

Thanks ! I'm sure that in house you don't have any problems with the foods ! especially if they are Italian..:lol:

For your project i think that with some passion and engagement they will come outside really good.. Maybe you have some problem to speak Italian, instead my English sucks! :megalol:

Hehe :) Actually we have a little problem with their cooking : weight !!! Too good -and- too much food on the table is the direct way to too more kilos :)

Grazie mille :)

Hub.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]