Development update

• ED Team

The first test flight MQ-1 Predator UAV in LOMAC.

0497271c187efbe2a06be4a110c71d44.jpg

3a8ede502cc95e37494919409122db7e.jpg

27f187918de7123cac15e89d9a90bf8c.jpg

7a5bc99f2059efcf8fcb7b2e766477f0.jpg

Thanks Peter Pan

• Like 1

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

• ED Team

Also available skin templates of Su-25T. (137 Mb)

http://www.lockon.ru/index.php?end_pos=516&scr=products&lang=en

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

It seems you can now have your individual pilot name below the canopy ( I don't think "Peter Pan" is part of the default skin ).

I think Peter Pan is the name of the community member who did the 3D model for the predator. ED is just giving him some respect by putting his name there.

The model is very good. yet I don't understand what a Predator should do in a flight simulator. Other 3D models, such F-15E, EF-111, EA-6, should be more suited to this sim. but you are the devs, you do what you like best.

I'm looking forward for the Su-25 template, but it's now downloading 140 Mbytes at less than 8 KB/s :(

And yes, those shelters seem a bit transparent....

I did not now ED decided to let go with their rule that LockOn is set in the '80. Does it mean we will see even more AI planes? (Starlight is right)

Great to see UAVs in the sim. How about Global Hawk next :) ?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

It was a serious question not a flamebait. I mean it would be cool if you could link the UAV video to your mfd in one of the planes but that's unrealistic. You could fly it yourself but to what end? It looks cool and all but I'm curious how such a tool would be used in the game.

Nice model. In the last pic you can see the taxiway thru the hardened shelters ... odd?

No, this has been a "feature" of LOMAC's graphics engine from the beginning. It is most obvious when you are using "optical zoom" (Ctrl+NumPad * or Ctrl+NumPad / keys). It is intended to ease the pain of the pop-up effect. The distances and intensities of the fade effects can be toyed with.

Is the UAV planned for 1.2?

At the latest... :cool:

Other 3D models, such F-15E, EF-111, EA-6, should be more suited to this sim.

Remember that this is a 3rd-party model that is being introduced into the game. This is a new practice for ED and the idea is to start small and, if things work out well, move on to larger projects being allocated to the community. In fact, this seems to be the largest model developed outside to be included into the sim so far. Most of the 3rd-party effort has thus far been focused on weapons' models. This approach is safe, in the sense that no big risks and "investments" are undertaken either by the developers or the community designers, and it also frees much of the DEV's time to other tasks. I'm sure that with time, the projects developed by the community will grow in number as well as scope.

To all model designers... RESPECT! :icon_pray

looks nice but how useful would it be in the sim?

Well, it *could* carry a couple of Hellfires... :) Seriously though, I'm not sure what the drones AI will be like... guess we'll see, though I wouldn't expect anything super-substantial. However, drones are an integral part of modern conflict and therefore belong in the sim as part of the order of battle, if for no other reason.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

I did not now ED decided to let go with their rule that LockOn is set in the '80.
Good Point!

I was a little disappointed that the A10 didn't come with some of the more modern weapons systems. So they break the rule for this? Oh well, it looks pretty.

Hi all.

It is great that ED is starting to "test" adding 3rd party models. :icon_supe

My question is what altitude will this be operating at?

It should fill the gap of reconnaissance, and will definitely be a true observation aircraft for NATO.

:icon_jook Thanks for the great news ED. -KILSEK

Where did you guys come across this "rule"?
When it first came out a long time ago, I just remember some posts asking/complaining why state of the art weapons and systems were not included. If I remember correctly, the response from one of the UBI forum mods was that it was based in the 80's, and that was why.

There is no set order of battle or time line for the sim. The overall atmosphere for versions of planes being modeled come from teh early 90's time frame. At the same time it isn't a hard and fast rule.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11